Sunday, January 6, 2008

back south, ahh ...

like many northerners who move south, our blood does indeed thin. after two weeks in minnesota, i was completely exhausted by the snow and cold (and the gray/brown slush of all the roads). most of the time, even indoors, i felt cold. constant coldness, other than when i went to sleep in the room at my parents house with one of those space heaters in it (which i kept at its highest heat level ALL THE TIME, which made me wake up sweating in the night. but i was so glad to be warm i didn't dare turn it down).

here in SC, i have my doors open and it's sunny and warm and absolutely lovely, mmm ...

more on the trip soon, because i know my four dear readers are SO curious what the two weeks in the tundra involved, besides shivering and overeating. mostly i had so much fun relaxing with my dear friends and family ... as well as contemplating my life (a little; it's hard to focus when your blood is regularly cycling through freeze-defrost-freeze-defrost).

and who knew? my dogs love snow! and they grew immune to the cold, playing in my folks' yard longer and rowdier than the two minnesota dogs they were rooming with. go figure.

2 comments:

Jen said...

Hey, glad you're back...I missed you! I can't wait to hear all about your trip.

Anonymous said...

OMG!!!! I'm so glad you're back--I've been eagerly awaiting more Sylvia posts....Keep 'em comin'!