Sunday, October 28, 2007

potential hero?

this is booker, the first dog. got him from the shelter with the old BF last march. he is one of those "great dogs," which is to say he is funny, sweet, well-trained, and loves everyone (other people, other dogs). he's mostly jack russell (or parson russell?), but since he's ridiculously tall for a terrier, he has to have something else in him (hard to tell from this pic, i know).

anyway, i saw this video on cnn today, and it reminded me of this news story from last spring, and between these two stories, i'm convinced booker would now save me from both a kidnapper AND marauding pit bulls. i feel so safe! and so lucky. i'm grateful for booker.

[i let him sleep with his head on the pillow.]

will do a post on the OTHER DOG a different day. i think lulu (my shelter beagle) would save me from ... an ant. no, she would get scared and throw me in front of the ant to save herself. but when lulu is relaxed she's incredibly snuggly and sweet.

2 comments:

Ross said...

!!!!!!! awesome idea
-ross

sylvia said...

thanks for posting a comment, my brother!!! my first comment, i'm so excited! i love you. :)