Friday, April 4, 2008

LOL!

i'm sitting here alone at 7:30-something a.m., literally Laughing Out Loud (not really that unusual ...) at myself, or, well ... the big white envelope sitting here next to the laptop. [now i'm really laughing. :)] because the big white A4-sized (leftover from four years ago in europe; glue was pointless so it's uh, taped closed) envelope is addressed to none other than

GEORGE CLOONEY.

no shit! LMAO!

[i guess i never mentioned my GINORMOUS crush on this man, did i??? damn you sarah larson!!]

just kidding. haha. [thank god i have enough stamps at home to take care of this in private and do not have to take my giant taped envelope addressed to GEORGE CLOONEY to the post office for weighing/stamps because i think i might die of embarrassment to see the looks i get from the PO employees as i wander in, clad in my sweater/robe/yoga pants/clogs outfit with what is clearly stalker mail, lol.]

AHEM. the envelope contains a polite card to seƱor clooney and a pre-addressed (also old, A4 ...) envelope ...

to my grandmother in florida.

my grandma has had a SERIOUS crush on george for a long time now. she dreams about him on a pretty regular basis (or so i assume, because every time i visit she tells me about yet another "george clooney dream"), which is of course, wonderful, dear, and absolutely hilarious to me. she has lived alone in an upscale senior apartment in florida for the last decade since my grandpa died, and ever since i first heard about these clooney dreams, years ago, i took to calling her body pillow "george." sometimes the dreams are pretty normal, like she and george (the man, not the pillow) are just making dinner at her place or something, but sometimes they're doing something more fun -- on a cruise together! (also pretty normal for my grandma, really -- or at least, it used to be. she used to "cruise" once or twice a year ... now she's less mobile and stays in more).

grandma jo's going to be 90 in june. i love her so much. i need to call her more often. i hear from my dad she's been pretty down lately. what i'm hoping is that george will find the time to address an autographed picture to her or something, and it will brighten her day. cross your fingers celebrities still do this kind of thing ...

here's a pic of us from my thanksgiving trip to visit her in 2006. [why am i sitting on her tiny lap?? i'm probably crushing her poor legs (she's shrunk to like, 4'10" now) and she's only smiling because she's thinking of george and how any minute now my fat ass will get off of her.]:

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i've got my fingers crossed for you! i hope george sends her something, anything!

on another side note, i wish i had something half as interesting to write about on my blog. i'm so boring lately. all i do is work and go home. maybe i'll post a picture of my enormous swollen feet tonight. ;-)

love you, miss you!

Unknown said...

I heart grandma stories:) I know George will come through for her--my grandma loved him too!

Ross said...

Clooney ALWAYS comes through. ALWAYS.