Thursday, December 20, 2007

it's about flipping time, etc.

well, i called to double-check, and it's official: i am officially graduating with my MA today. (although i'm not walking in today's [now over] ceremony ... i didn't do this for my undergrad, either. i don't really see the point, because it doesn't seem like such a big deal to me. maybe if i get a PhD i'll finally "walk").

my MAPC degree is so difficult to explain, i won't try too much here. it was basically an English program, but called "professional communication," having grown out of rhetoric, technical and business writing, and visual design theory. each student in the program is supposed to pick an "emphasis" area, which somehow i managed to ... avoid. or something. i think i'm the only person to graduate from this program without an emphasis.

on a completely unrelated note, tomorrow i'm leaving for two weeks in the tundra of minnesota, with a quick trip to see other family in michigan first. so chances are good this is my last blog post in a good while ... considering all of, i don't know ... my FIVE readers, i'm sure you five won't miss my venting and whining for two weeks+. maybe i will have some spectacular new, refreshing, happier (less bitter?) thoughts to post in the new year.

happy christmas and hanukkah (yes, i know it's over, sorry) and new year to everyone i love.

there are a lot of you. you make my life brighter.
carpe lucis, all of you.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

i read your blog everyday. i'm always sad when there's nothing new. it's the highlight of my day sometimes. i love you!

sylvia said...

thanks ali! i love you, too. :) you're the best. my most devoted reader, i suspect!!! i can't wait to see you in MN and will try and post here and there over break. but it will be tough to NOT write joyful/mean things about my family ... lol. ;) see you in a couple weeks!

Jen said...

I will definitely miss you. Have a safe and adventurous trip!

Anonymous said...

We did it! We graduated!!!!! Yay for us. Now what?????:)